Advances in orthodontics have taken us far beyond traditional metal braces — there are so many fantastic choices these days! At Braces Omaha, our orthodontist provides not only traditional braces, but orthodontic care that includes invisible options like clear braces, as well as clear aligners that can be removed when you eat.
When you visit our practice in Omaha, NE, Dr. Stevens will review the below your options for braces and assist in selecting the solution that is just right to help you achieve your best smile. You may be surprised to hear this, but braces can be fun!
At Braces Omaha, we are pleased to offer a wide variety of orthodontic options for you and your family — plus, some extras we know you will enjoy. Here are a few of the most popular options for braces at our friendly Omaha, NE, practice.
- Traditional metal braces are the most common type of braces and the most popular for kids and teens. They use stainless steel brackets with arch wires to straighten the teeth gently over time. Braces Omaha uses twin brackets, which are smaller and more comfortable than traditional metal brackets. We are also proud to offer a very special option for brackets called WildSmiles® (see below). We make traditional braces fun!
- Clear, or ceramic, braces. If you are interested in a more invisible look, ceramic braces may be a great option for you. These braces are made of clear monocrystalline/ceramic materials. Often, ceramic braces are best for our teen patients and our older patients — due to the size and fragility of the brackets compared to metal braces, ceramic braces require extra attention. Also, because of the extra care required, ceramic braces are normally placed just on the upper front teeth and traditional metal braces will be placed on most of the lower front teeth.
- Clear aligners, such as Invisalign® and ClearCorrect®, are a very popular and effective choice to straighten teeth without the look of metal braces. We use 3D computer imaging technology to create a series of custom aligners for you that straighten teeth gently and efficiently, are virtually invisible, and completely removable. A new aligner in the series is placed about every two weeks. One reason this solution is so popular is because patients can remove the aligners to eat, drink, brush, and floss normally.
- Colored braces are a fun way to add pizazz and variation to your smile. With colored braces, the brackets stay the same, but you can mix and match the colors of your elastics at every appointment. Go ahead and show your team spirit or have an entire rainbow in your mouth! Get creative!
- WildSmiles Braces® are Dr. Stevens’ invention! With WildSmiles, you can show your personality with designer brackets. Patients can choose brackets in six unique shapes: stars, hearts, flowers, footballs, sports balls, and diamonds. You can even combine your WildSmiles brackets with colored elastics for a style that is all yours. For over 10 years, countless patients wearing WildSmiles have achieved a straight smile while also adding fun, and WildSmiles are American made and offered by thousands of orthodontists. We weren’t kidding when we said braces can be fun! Click here to see what cool designs you can choose for yourself!
No matter your age, Braces Omaha offers the type of braces that will suit you and your smile best. Dr. Stevens will work closely with you to design a personalized treatment plan for braces that addresses your/your child’s specific needs and condition — all within a budget that makes sense.
Braces in Omaha, NE
The team at Braces Omaha loves working with kids as well as adults. We’re a very family-friendly practice, providing optimal orthodontic care in a comfortable, approachable setting. To learn more about your treatment options for yourself or your child, we encourage you to contact our practice to schedule a complimentary consultation. Dr. Stevens will assess your/your child’s current oral health and help you select the type of braces that fits your goals and your pocketbook. We look forward to taking care of you at Braces Omaha!